Friday, May 8, 2009

It's friday!!

I was all set this morning to write about how non supportive my husband is being right now, and he doesn't understand what it's like to deal with a weight issue your entire life, and basically he's a big fat jerk. That was until he woke up this morning! Damn him for ruining my post. :)

So you all know I hired a personal trainer last week. The trainer was a bit pricey, but I figure I'm worth it right now. I get 6 weeks of training for $240.00. When I talked to my husband about getting a trainer, he was all freaking out, saying it is a waste of money and that I'm doing fine on my own right now, and blah blah blah!! That really was the extent of my conversation with him. When it comes to money this man is cheap cheap cheap (unless he's buying himself something. Grrrr)

So last night I went to bed and was peacefully sleeping when I am rudely awakened. This wonderful husband of mine has waken me up at 11:00 at night to get on my case for spending $240.00 on a trainer. He must have been on the computer checking our bank account. He states I never told him how much it cost and that's just ridiculous. I think I picked up whatever was closest to me (just a pillow) and threw it at him. You're really waking me up for this?? UGGHHH! Men are just dumb sometimes.

This morning I woke up and got ready for work. I was mad and hurt at the same time. Wondering why he couldn't support me sometimes, or even notice the difference I have made in the last 17 weeks. We wasn't even that thrilled for me when I finished my 5K.

I was getting ready to leave the house for work and he was just getting up. He comes over to me, gives me a big hug and says he's sorry for freaking out on me last night and that he's fine with everything. Damn it, why do they have to go and do that! I was all set to be mad at him for the rest of the day and he has to wake up and accept the fact that he was wrong.

Don't get me wrong, he is the most loving husband and treats me like I am the most beautiful women in the world. He really would love me no matter what size I am. He just doesn't care. It's just that sometimes when it comes to my weight loss I don't get the encouragement and support I desire. He's working on it slowly though and I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world.

Next thing I know, he'll be asking if I want to go get hot wings for dinner. Somethings I guess will never change!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Men can be so difficult.
    Just when you are ready to pummel the crap out of them, they give you a reason to hug them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MEN!!! Sometimes they just really aren't very smart. At least he realized his mistake and was man enough to apologize. I can't imagine why in the world if you have the money then why wouldn't he want a HOT WIFE (not that you aren't hot already but you know what I mean)! A trainer for 6 weeks is one sure way to get you closer to that.

    ReplyDelete