Monday, April 20, 2009

Anchorage Alaska Heart Run

So every year we hold a 5K heart run to benefit the American Heart Association. I've never even paid much attention to this run yet alone ever been interested. That's the fat girl in me. You hear the word run or even anything associated to using energy and it's like it never existed! Well I must be changing or just excited with my new found love of running, but I have decided to sign up for the 5K run that is this coming Saturday (April 25Th). I have been doing between 1 and 1.5miles, well really only 1.4 miles, for the last week or so. I figure with all the excitement and adrenaline of a real run, I should be able to do 3 miles no problem. It's getting through that first half mile that is the tough one for me. After that is smooth sailing. I'll let you know how it goes on Saturday!! :)

Have I told you that I LOVVVVE my Iphone?? Well, I do!! I found an application for it last week called Imapmyrun. It uses the GPS in the phone to locate where I am at, and then tracks my distance as well as the pace I am running. After I am finished running it saves my information in a training log so I can look back on it at a later time. I love it. It keeps me aware of how fast or slow I am going as well as keeping me from obsessing over how far I actually went. Three cheers for technology. What did we ever do before???

Here's to a great week full of accomplishments and weight loss.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for you! That's awesome you've signed up for the run.

    I too LOVE my iphone. I'll have to go check out that app... it super cool and something that would totally motivate me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome on the sign up! I cant wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete