Thursday, April 2, 2009

Running

I am sitting here after a very great workout, wondering how I have evolved into this person I am right now. Never in a million years did I ever expect that I would be working out, doing an hour and a half of strength training a week and three hours of cardio a week. I feel strong, and I feel refreshed. I feel like a new person almost. Hard to believe that I let myself live the opposite way for so many years. So the gym was wonderful today. I went a little earlier than I usually do and it was quiet and peaceful. I managed 30 minutes of upper body, 30 minutes on the elliptical machine, 25 minutes on the stationary bike. Total calorie burn of 780!!!

Then for some unknown reason I had the urge to get on the treadmill and see if I could muster up the courage to run. SO I get on and start walking at a fast pace, with a slight incline. I'm walking and the whole time I'm telling myself bump up that speed and get running. Did I do it......NOOOOOOO!! I kept thinking to myself "everyone is going to be watching me". Running involves your whole body, and well, when your heavy that's just not a pretty sight. I really want to run though and I have no idea why. I've heard all the info about how bad it is on your body, and that women shouldn't run. Blah, Blah, Blah........BUT I WANT TO RUN!!!!! I even have been having dreams about running. Who knows why!! So my goal is to gather the courage to embarrass myself in front of the whole gym and just go for it. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Here's a picture of my littlest man. He's just the cutest!!! I may be a little biased though!

No comments:

Post a Comment