Friday, April 17, 2009

Striving for my goals

So yesterday was supposed to be my off day for working out. However, something inside me just wouldn't let well enough alone and I ended up going for a run last night. I had the most amazing time. I cranked up my Ipod put in my headphones and headed out onto the freshly uncovered trails. I don't know what it was but time just flew by and before I knew it I was already back home but not wanting to quit quite yet. So I took off for a bit longer around the neighborhood. All in all I ran 1.5 miles last night. I feel powerful almost. That I've determined myself to start running and to start training for a half marathon in August. For those of you that don't know, a half marathon is 13.1 miles. I was scared at first thinking that maybe I should have just signed up for the 5K since that would be easier. But after my easy 1.5 mile last night, I figured that in 4 months I can work myself up to 13.1 miles.


This is me and my littlest man after my run last night!

Never in my life have I really ever set a goal like this before. I've never pushed myself to really complete anything except for high school and a CNA program. I've never reached my goal weight, I've never worked out consistently, I've never really done anything above and beyond what I'm supposed to, yet alone finish it. I'm setting out to change that, and hopefully the next four months I'll find a new me along the way!! :)

The funny thing too, is that the scale seems to be dropping now that I bumped up my workouts. The last three days I have watched it drop down lower and lower and today it finally said that I am .5 lbs lighter than I was 2 weeks ago. I'll take it thank you very much! I know it's not a weigh in day, and I know it's not good to obsess over the scale and weigh yourself everyday, but it makes me feel good right now. I see progress and that's all I need. Yahooooo!

"Only those that risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go."

1 comment: